By definition the word "expect" means "To look forward to the probable occurrence or appearance of ___" (fill in the blank) Personally, I've done nothing but expect things from life and I've noticed unfortunately, that with some expectations come disappointment. I expect things to go a certain way and they don't, I expect things from people and I don't get them. I expect expect expect. But the thing is, why expect when you don't really have control over alot of the events that happen in your life? Where do expectations come from? Who sets the bar for these expectations?
But when you turn the question around, it's a whole new ball game. What does the life I've been given expect of ME? It's honestly a tough question. Think about it. If "life" were a person, and was able to express how they thought you should be or do, what would life want? I've thought a great deal about this, and actually wrote down a few things while I was listening to mister Hyatt speak, and then continued my list which I'll be sharing!
- Be a good, no scratch that, GREAT, understanding, supportive, and loving mother to my son
- Actively be a friend to everyone. Offer a smile and an open heart when needed or when not.
- To LOVE. People, myself, and LIFE.
- To DO something proactive to make a difference in mine and others' lives
- Be a good employee
- Always treat knowledge as a gift.... Its free after all!
- Be a caring daughter/sister/grand-daughter/niece
- Spread smiles to people when they don't have one
- Try to always be a person of integrity
- Be thankful for every single gift I am given (not only in the material form)
- Constantly have a relationship with god